Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sew Crazy


Fall Crafternoon took place in our rather small apartment Sunday afternoon.  But instead of cleaning Saturday night, I decided to make a skirt.


I got it finished around 11 p.m.  But I also put the hook and eye in backwards.  :-/


I did manage to get the apartment clean for Sunday, and Crafternoon was crowded, but lots of fun.  One of these days I'll remember to take pictures during it.

..........

This morning I finally tried out the fork pins I learned about from the couture dress class.



The fork pins keep layers of fabric from slipping, which is handy when matching seams.  This is a quilt for the church sewing circle.  I think the pins are working pretty well so far...


..........

This afternoon I finally finished the muslin for my Sherlock Dress.  It's a complete redo from my first attempt.  I made the top and sleeves a size bigger, changed the pleats on the skirt, and made the pockets bigger.  


Next I have to rip it apart and start on the fashion fabric.

............


In other news, the West Seattle Fabric Company is opening a second location next month.  The Stitch & Sew Studio will be on California Ave, a couple miles south of the fabric store.  And I will be working there during the morning open sew hours Tuesday through Friday.  I look forward to seeing you there!


And by the way, the West Seattle Fabric Co. is having a great blowout sale this weekend.  You should check that out, too.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment