Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Socks on my Feet

Last August, I bought a beautiful skein of yarn from Button & Needlework in Victoria.  Alas, I only bought one skein - not enough for socks to fit my size 12 feet.  I found the same brand of yarn (Shibui) at the Seattle Yarn Gallery, and this time I bought 2 skeins.

When Grandma passed away the socks were put on hold.  It was the last project I started with her; and it was hard to think about working on them without being able to share my progress with her.  But I knew she wouldn't be happy with an unfinished project just sitting there.  So a couple weeks ago, I got it out and started knitting again.  Last night, I cast off the second sock.  And today I get to wear fun socks from my own knitting needles!  I think Grandma would approve.




No comments:

Post a Comment