Thursday, August 18, 2011

Finishing Loose Ends

I finished crocheting this piece a while ago.  Last year?  The year before?  Since then it's been sitting around with several dozen loose ends.  This week I finally mustered up the energy to weave them all in.  I gave it a gentle washing and blocked it out to dry.  The plan now is to get it framed.  Hopefully that won't take another year.



The pattern is a replica of a doily in the collection of the Laure Ingalls Wilder/Rose Wilder Lane Home & Mueseum in Mansfield, Missouri.  I began working on it quite a while ago, and now I can't find the website where I originally found the pattern.  Apparently it's since been published in the May/June 2008 issue of Piecework magazine, so there are lots of blogs and websites with the pattern and photos.  Here's the image I worked from.

No comments:

Post a Comment